Regular readers of this blog will probably recognize the recipe below – it’s the chocolate cake that I’ve used as the base for all of my chocolate cupcakes. It deserves its own post – it’s just that amazing.
First of all, it’s really easy to make. There’s no melted butter or chopped chocolate, just vegetable oil and cocoa. It’s a breeze to throw all the ingredients together. The resulting cake has a rich, warm chocolate flavor with a soft, but not overly spongy crumb.
My husband made and decorated this cake for my birthday. It was so pretty and absolutely delicious! The cookies and cream frosting (simply halve the recipe from Oreo Cupcakes) added a nice touch. I have to admit, it was difficult to get a good picture of the cake because it was after dark and we didn’t want to interrupt the celebration.
If you’re looking for a delicious, easy chocolate cake recipe, give the Hershey’s “Perfectly Chocolate” Chocolate Cake a try… you won’t regret it!
Hershey’s “Perfectly Chocolate” Chocolate Cake
2 cups sugar
1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cup HERSHEY’S Cocoa
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 cup milk
1/2 cup vegetable oil
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup boiling water
1. Heat oven to 350. Grease 2 9-inch cake pans.
2. Stir together flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt in medium bowl.
3. In a large bowl, combine sugar, eggs, milk, oil and vanilla. Stir until well blended.
4. Add flour mixture to large bowl and beat on medium speed of mixer 2 minutes.
5. Stir in boiling water (batter will be thin). Pour batter into prepared pans.
6. Bake for 30-35 minutes, until a wooden pick inserted in the center comes out clean.
7. Cool for 10 minutes before removing to wire racks. Allow cakes to cool completely before frosting.