Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cheesecake BarsJune 26th, 2011 by Beth
I know I’ve been gone for awhile, but I have a treat for you that may just make you forgive my lengthy absence from the blogging world: chocolate chip cookie dough cheesecake bars! Sound amazing? They are! How can you go wrong with a buttery chocolate-studded graham cracker crust, creamy layer of cheesecake and crumbly cookie dough topping? In my book, you can’t.
While there are three different layers to whip up separately, each comes together quickly and easily. The end result is amazing, and well worth the effort and array of dirty bowls! Make sure you allow the bars to chill for awhile before slicing and eating. They’re cool, creamy, sweet, tangy and rich. A little goes a long way, but you’ll probably find yourself going back for seconds!
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cheesecake Bars
1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
4 tbsp butter, melted
1 tbsp sugar
2/3 cup mini chocolate chips
5 tbsp butter, melted
1/3 cup brown sugar
4 tbsp sugar
1/8 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla extract
3/4 cup flour
1 cup mini chocolate chips
8 oz. cream cheese, room temperature
1/4 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 325.
2. Line an 8×8 pan with foil and coat with cooking spray.
3. Crush graham crackers into crumbs to make 1 1/2 cups. Mix with sugar. Stir in butter and then add chocolate chips.
4. Press crust mixture into bottom of pan of prepared pan. Bake for 6 minutes and then set on wire rack to cool.
5. In a medium bowl, stir together the butter, brown sugar, sugar, salt, and vanilla extract at until smooth. Fold in flour and mix until just incorporated. Stir in chocolate chips and set aside.
6. In a small bowl, stir cream cheese until soft. Add sugar, stirring until smooth. Add egg and vanilla extract, stirring just until blended.
7. Pour batter into cooled, baked crust. Drop cookie dough by teaspoonfuls over the top of the filling, sprinkling with extra mini chips. Gently press down.
8. Bake about 30 minutes, or until set. Transfer to wire rack to cool. Once completely cool, place in the refrigerator to chill several hours before serving.
Source: Bakingblonde’s Weblog