Lisa has inspired me.In recent days she has been scrambling to complete her 30-While-30 list. With less than a week to go, I think she’s going to make it! Just yesterday, I was treated to two of her lovely creations!
Now, as I mentioned last month, I am nowhere near completing my list. And I’ve been 31 for nearly a month. I really enjoyed the things that I made or at least attempted. Scones are now my go-to tea time snack and I’ve found that I far prefer homemade tomato sauce to the store-bought variety.
I truly want to complete my list, as it contains a wish-list of things I want to try out. I need to get back in the kitchen and this list will serve as a good inspiration. Even though I am no longer 30, I’m going to finish this list by the end of 2011. I was 30 during this year, and well, I keep forgetting my new age.
If you’re interested in what I’ve done so far, there are updates below.
30 Things to Make While I’m 30
1. English muffins
2. Focaccia bread – Tried. I blame my yeast. This was a failure.
3. Pita bread
4. Whole wheat bread
5. Whole Wheat Pizza Dough
6. Berry pie/cobbler
8. Chocolate Mint Fudge – Tried at Christmas using an Alton Brown recipe. Candy thermometer and all, this resulted in a miserable failure.
9. Chocolate mousse – Made multiple times. Need to blog.
12. Homemade fondant
13. Lemon meringue pie
15. Shortbread – Need to blog.
16. Sugar cookies with royal icing – Tried at Christmas. I’m not cut out for this level of decorating!
17. Pumpkin Ice Cream
18. Pad thai
19. Homemade ravioli
20. Homemade pasta
21. Tomato sauce (from scratch) – Made multiple times. Need to blog.
25. Meatballs – Made multiple times. Need to blog.
27. Pork loin
29. Vanilla extract