Stuffed mushrooms are a favorite appetizer of mine, and I was thrilled to receive this easy recipe from a friend of mine. I’m not a fan of seafood, so I was happy to find a recipe that did not require it.
As written, this recipe seems to produce more stuffing than is needed. I’ve tried scaling it differently, but always end up with a little extra. I typically use a little less olive oil than the recipe calls for and frequently add a few shakes of dried oregano.
The resulting stuffed mushrooms are soft and tender with a moist, flavorful filling.
1 lb mushrooms
1 tbsp dried parsley
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
6 tbsp olive oil, divided
1/2 cup bread crumbs
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1) Preheat to 350
2) Clean mushrooms and remove stems.
3) Pour 2 tbsp olive oil in the bottom of an 8X8 glass plan
4) In a small bowl, mix bread crumbs, cheese, eggs, parsley, garlic powder and two tbsp oil.
5) Fill mushroom caps and place in pan.
6) Bake, covered with foil, for 20-30 minutes. Mushrooms are done when water appears in the bottom of the pan.
7) Serve immediately.
5) Pour remaining oil over tops of mushrooms.