My cousin Debbie usually makes this Chocolate Chip Cream Cheese Ball for family gatherings. It’s sweet, but not too sweet, and is a nice contrast to other savory appetizers. Full-size graham crackers (pictured above) or miniature graham sticks make fun dippers.
Chocolate Chip Cheese Ball
1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup butter, softened
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
3/4 cup confectioners’ sugar
2 tablespoons brown sugar
3/4 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
3/4 cup finely chopped pecans, or mini chips
1. In a mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese, butter and vanilla until fluffy.
2. Gradually add sugars; beat just until combined.
3. Stir in chocolate chips.
4. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.
5. Place cream cheese mixture on a large piece of plastic wrap; shape into a ball.
6. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
7. Just before serving, roll cheese ball in pecans or mini chips. Serve with graham crackers.