My cousin Sue regularly brings these pesto pinwheel appetizers to family gatherings. These appetizers are light and flaky and have a delicious pesto and Parmesan flavor. They’re best when served warm. However, they can be made ahead of time and reheated immediately before serving.
Pepperidge Farm puff pastry sheets (package of 2)
7 oz. container of pesto
Grated Parmesan cheese
1 egg, lightly beaten
1. Let pastry sheets thaw until soft, then roll out flat.
2. Spread 1/2 of the pesto onto each sheet.
3. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese over pesto.
4. Roll pastry sheet up, wrap in plastic wrap and chill for at least an hour.
5. Preheat oven to 350
6. Slice rolled pastry sheet in 1/4 inch slices.
7. Place slices on baking sheet, about 1 inch apart.
8. Mix lightly beaten egg with a small amount of water to make an egg wash.
9. Brush slices with egg wash.
10. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until pastry starts to brown.